The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your Promomash experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We may receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we may use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Promomash or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Promomash on other Web sites.
- Mobile: When you download or use apps created by Promomash or our subsidiaries, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services. (Consult your mobile device provider to learn how to do this.)
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Promomash if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your preferences in your Promomash account settings.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we may transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features such as personal recommendations, personalized advertisements on other Web sites (e.g., Promomash Associates with content served by Promomash and Web sites using Checkout by Promomash payment service), and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries Promomash controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with affiliated businesses. In some cases, such as Marketplace sellers, these businesses operate stores at Promomash or sell offerings to you at Promomash. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. In these cases, our third-party providers will have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Promomash customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your preferences in your Promomash account settings.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Promomash, or substantially all of its assets, are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Promomash and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Promomash, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
On Promomash and unaffiliated sites, Promomash may display interest-based advertising using information you make available to us when you interact with our sites, content, or services. Interest-based ads, also sometimes referred to as personalized or targeted ads, are displayed to you based on information from activities such as purchasing on our sites, visiting sites that contain Promomash content or ads, interacting with Promomash tools, or using our payment services. In providing interest-based ads, we follow the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising developed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (a coalition of marketing, online advertising, and consumer advocacy organizations).
We do not provide any personal information to advertisers or to third party sites that display our interest-based ads. However, advertisers and other third-parties (including the ad networks, ad-serving companies, and other service providers they may use) may assume that users who interact with or click on a personalized ad or content are part of the group that the ad or content is directed towards (for example, users in Metro Manila who bought or browsed for gym equipment). Also, some third parties may provide us information about you (such as the sites where you have been shown ads or demographic information) from offline and online sources that we may use to provide you more relevant and useful advertising.
Promomash offers you choices about receiving interest-based ads from us. You can choose not to receive interest-based ads from us. You will still see ads but they will not be personalized. If you do not want to receive such ads, please adjust your preferences in your Promomash account settings.
You can also generally opt-out of receiving personalized ads from third party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out pages on the NAI website and DAA website.
Promomash gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Promomash for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. This information may change as the Promomash website(s) evolve.
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of the valuable features of Promomash.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in your account settings. When you update any of your personal information and/or preferences, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences. (If you do not want to receive Terms and Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of Promomash, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
- If you do not want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, please adjust your preferences in your Promomash account settings.
Promomash does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use Promomash only with the permission and supervision of a parent or guardian.
If you choose to visit Promomash, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms and Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of California, USA. If you have any concern about privacy at Promomash, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Terms and Conditions of Use will change also. By visiting, shopping at, or using Promomash in any way, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions in effect at that time, and any subsequent updates or modifications thereto. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions via the contact email address you provide in your account profile, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will not materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.